- Black peppercorns can be used whole or in powdered form as the recipe demands.
- Whole black peppercorn is roasted and ground with other ingredients to make powders like garam masala, sambhar powder, rasam powder etc.
- Use black peppercorns tempered with ghee in biryanis, pulaos, dals and curries.
- Crushed black peppercorns are widely used to flavour sandwiches.
- Use powdered black pepper in soups, sauces, stocks and stews for that pungent zing.
- Crushed black peppercorns go well with curds and yoghurts. Thus, use them in raitas, dips and marinades.
- In South India, peppercorn is widely used in the preparation of rasam, a thin soup eaten with rice and ghee.